DT 125 X 2004 *please help if you can*

cabbage
This post is 5490 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

hello

My dt dies when i go in to gear, i got a new battery for it but it still does it.

i was able to override the problem by gunning the revs then going into gear but now this wont work, which leads me to believe that it is the clutch, any insight or clarification would be a load of help as i am a bit of a noob.

thnx :rolleyes:

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Might sound stupid but its not a faulty stand switch by any chance??

Might sound stupid but its not a faulty stand switch by any chance??

Not so stupid you were right i feel a bit retarded, i just undid the screw there and bobs your uncle no problem, took a load off my mind as i thought id need a new clutch and im skint.

If you dont mind ryan maybe you could give me a bit of advice as my speedo has also stopped working, have you any pointers or checks as i am a newb and you seem to have the same bike as mine (or did have). Any help from anyone reading this would be of great help.

thnx in advance

Not so stupid you were right i feel a bit retarded, i just undid the screw there and bobs your uncle no problem, took a load off my mind as i thought id need a new clutch and im skint.

If you dont mind ryan maybe you could give me a bit of advice as my speedo has also stopped working, have you any pointers or checks as i am a newb and you seem to have the same bike as mine (or did have). Any help from anyone reading this would be of great help.

thnx in advance

Thats actually made my day glad i could help :D

You might have a faulty speedo cable? or even a loose conection??? Take it out and have a look to see if it all looks okay behind the dash.

unplug the speedometer cable from the speedometer then spin the front tire, or just roll the bike forward. Make sure the cable spins, if it doesn't you either need to take apart the front brake and align the gears again or a new speedometer cable.

Why take apart the front brake?? The speedo cables housed on its own on the r/h side of the wheel? so surely just take a look at that (front wheel would have to come off)

If its just the speedo cable then its a simple job and just one of those things that goes over time.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online