went to look at another yam

Bitripple
This post is 5496 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Went to look at a 2007 R6 today with the idea of selling my 2004 R6 - also ended up looking at a 2005 R1 - now im torn on what to do. My 2004 is mint with low miles, so i dont know whether i am wasting my money swapping over or not

I know what i would get private sale, and px. The dealership gave me a fairly accurate price from their glasses guide.

I have only been riding a couple of years, so not sure if the R1 would be the best move at the moment.

Any thoughts...

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Went to look at a 2007 R6 today with the idea of selling my 2004 R6 - also ended up looking at a 2005 R1 - now im torn on what to do. My 2004 is mint with low miles, so i dont know whether i am wasting my money swapping over or not

I know what i would get private sale, and px. The dealership gave me a fairly accurate price from their glasses guide.

I have only been riding a couple of years, so not sure if the R1 would be the best move at the moment.

Any thoughts...

Personally considering the real world difference between a 04 and an 07 R6 is sod all. Leon Haslam may be able to make the newer bike lap Donnington half a second quicker maybe? but on real roads ridden by real people. Even proper track day pilots doubt there is anything to split them.

If you want the 07 get it if you want the R1 get it. But if you are not sure as this post is suggesting. I'd stay with what i've got especially at this end of the year.

If you are really struggling to decide, check out the insurance costs - You might be suprised. Earlier this year I chopped in a Fizzer 600 for an XJR1300 and got half my money back from the insurance people!

Are you a winter rider ? If the bike is going to sit for 4 or 5 months then you'd be better waiting and having any warrenty at a time when you are riding the bike.

Just a couple of suggestions

i was looking at buying an 06 R1 but in the end thought why, the bike i have is like new like you say what am i going to do on an 06 bike i cant do on an 02, i am now working my way through the Demon Tweeks catalouge

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online