Yamaha YZF R-125 Rossi Replica

Pvt_Joker
This post is 5398 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hey all, im new to these forums,

Im one of those lucky people who owns the Rossi Replica R-125, And i paid the same price for it as the bog standard bikes so im quite lucky in that respect,

I recently passed my CBT so can ride it as i please now,

EDIT: PASSED MY FULL TEST NOT CBT

I got Kev Pickering to make me a custom exhaust for the bad boy, Ive removed all restrictions from the bike, and have changed the head of the engine to upgrade the bike to a 150cc instead of the standard 125.

All the work to the bike i did myself, i literally just paid for parts id say it cost me around £500

The good thing after all this, the bike as standard when i baught it would accelerate all the way to 80mph and keep pulling, weather permitting and on a straight road, i had it doing close to 90mph going downhill

After all my modifications i have had this bike doing 98MPH on flat ground, and had it doing nearly 115MPH going down hill,

When all is said and done, im gonna go onto a bigger bike, and im gonna fit a turbo to this bad boy and see how it runs, Might even give those Aprillia boys a run for their money,

Wish me luck :D

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Oh the only thing i would say though,

I have made alot of weight reductions to this bike, and it loves to wheely, quite violentyly threw 1st 2nd and 3rd gears, youd be suprised how easily this small bike can throw you off the back

Hey all, im new to these forums,

Im one of those lucky people who owns the Rossi Replica R-125, And i paid the same price for it as the bog standard bikes so im quite lucky in that respect,

I recently passed my CBT so can ride it as i please now,

EDIT: PASSED MY FULL TEST NOT CBT

I got Kev Pickering to make me a custom exhaust for the bad boy, Ive removed all restrictions from the bike, and have changed the head of the engine to upgrade the bike to a 150cc instead of the standard 125.

All the work to the bike i did myself, i literally just paid for parts id say it cost me around £500

The good thing after all this, the bike as standard when i baught it would accelerate all the way to 80mph and keep pulling, weather permitting and on a straight road, i had it doing close to 90mph going downhill

After all my modifications i have had this bike doing 98MPH on flat ground, and had it doing nearly 115MPH going down hill,

When all is said and done, im gonna go onto a bigger bike, and im gonna fit a turbo to this bad boy and see how it runs, Might even give those Aprillia boys a run for their money,

Wish me luck :D

Surely that makes the bike illegal for you to use but hey no worries until you get to the point that you dont know what to do down to your lack of experience and end up a bit poorly .. but I guess you would think that wouldn't happen to you ... like I did in the 70's main difference is now there are too many car/bike/lorries/buses on the road now so a slight mistake at speed could cost dearly ... I can see the need for speed being young but err on the side of sense run the bike within its limits !

Regards Jim

Surely that makes the bike illegal for you to use but hey no worries until you get to the point that you dont know what to do down to your lack of experience and end up a bit poorly .. but I guess you would think that wouldn't happen to you ... like I did in the 70's main difference is now there are too many car/bike/lorries/buses on the road now so a slight mistake at speed could cost dearly ... I can see the need for speed being young but err on the side of sense run the bike within its limits !

Regards Jim

Wow your pretty good at patronising....!! hahaha

Good on ya mate, do what u can with that rossi replica. im jealous as fuck... Ive got the standard 09 R125 and trying to do what i can to make it a bit more meatier...

I have to say, were'nt you a bit hesitant to scrap off the warranty for the 150cc kit?? im still ummmin and arrrr'ing about it.. maybe i should just grow a pair and just do it...

but boy i love the wheelies... maybe be worth the risk if you can do it in 2nd and 3rd... i hate that normally u can only do ti in 1st...

Props to you my man!!

• 2 weeks later...

Wow your pretty good at patronising....!! hahaha

Good on ya mate, do what u can with that rossi replica. im jealous as fuck... Ive got the standard 09 R125 and trying to do what i can to make it a bit more meatier...

I have to say, were'nt you a bit hesitant to scrap off the warranty for the 150cc kit?? im still ummmin and arrrr'ing about it.. maybe i should just grow a pair and just do it...

but boy i love the wheelies... maybe be worth the risk if you can do it in 2nd and 3rd... i hate that normally u can only do ti in 1st...

Props to you my man!!

Maybe i was a bit quick to drop the warranty.... ive actually just upped it from 150 to 175.... so its even better now

As i see it, i baught the bike outright, and ive spent alot of money tricking it.... if it goes bang so be it, ill buy another ^^

• 2 weeks later...

Oh the only thing i would say though,

I have made alot of weight reductions to this bike, and it loves to wheely, quite violentyly threw 1st 2nd and 3rd gears, youd be suprised how easily this small bike can throw you off the back

what weight reductions have you taken mate?

im trying to make my yammy a tad quicker and trying to do it without blowing the thing up on the side of the road

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online