Help

liam m
This post is 5504 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

I have a yamaha jog rr and i took it into the yamaha dealer to get a new headsasket fitted wich lasted about 3 days and then the water enterd the barrel again i phoned up and asked if the head was warped they said it was fine i check for a blockage in the system that is fine, and the water pump seems fine. any ideas on the problem ?

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

I have a yamaha jog rr and i took it into the yamaha dealer to get a new headsasket fitted wich lasted about 3 days and then the water enterd the barrel again i phoned up and asked if the head was warped they said it was fine i check for a blockage in the system that is fine, and the water pump seems fine. any ideas on the problem ?

Take it back mate; they obviously hav'nt fixed it properly.

you answer is correct mate. ime in my garage now got the head off and they seemed to have put like a grey sealent around the old broken gasket, so its going back not impressed.

If you have the skill to see what they did wrong, you have the skill to fix it properly.

Go back by all means but i would be betting they will say you broke it when you took it to bits and you cannot really prove one way or the other.

Buy a gasket and fix it yourself, then you know its done right to YOUR standards. I know mine are a bloody site higher than any dealer as they are paid to fix my bike. I fix it as part of my hobby,interests. BIG difference.

Take it as an experience of just what w4nk3rs dealers/garages can be. I'm sure there must be one or two good ones.

Thats what ime doing just orderd a head gasket now cost me £1.50, unlike the £80 bill they gave me. only took it to them as i dintt have time with work but ill make time lol, ime gettin some of that engine ice to help the cooling. thanks for the reply.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online