Bike Modifying

Avix
This post is 5396 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi all, Im a noob to biking, and I was wondering what you can modify on bikes, besides obvious things like engine mods and resprays?

Ive seen a few custom jobs on here that look really nice but really dont know what they've done. Can you get any carbon fibre goodies? Maybe different wheels or farings? I dont want my bike looking like some chav's driven it through halfords, but want it to stand out a bit from standard.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi all, Im a noob to biking, and I was wondering what you can modify on bikes, besides obvious things like engine mods and resprays?

Ive seen a few custom jobs on here that look really nice but really dont know what they've done. Can you get any carbon fibre goodies? Maybe different wheels or farings? I dont want my bike looking like some chav's driven it through halfords, but want it to stand out a bit from standard.

First of welcome......

Now if your main priority is modifying why the hell have you gone for a spanking new bike. You would have been far better off with an old TZR. Otherwise its mini indicators, overpriced carbon rubbish and the halfords tat.

Personally and i am probably 20 years out of date here. I think keep the bike mint, i mean spanking gorgeously mint sparkling clean, then buy some good quality kit to wear on it, decent lids/gloves/boots and maybe a set of 2 piece leathers will get a lot of repect from other bikers.One of the guys on this very forum was glad of his kit not so long back.

THEN spend all the money you have saved on tat on road and track rider training. Believe me you will be the fastest kid on the block after that no matter what they have done to their bikes. Race schools like mallory do courses for nowhere near the price of a racy pipe if you ride your own bike and the IAM stuff is free (bar membership if you must). You could even do ol Rocket Ron's (ask your Dad) race/whelie school.

YOU are the most effective tuning part on that motorcycle if you are spot on your bike will be.

start with cynics advice.

learn to RIDE, really RIDE it first. then after you are done scraping it up.(if you do) you can worry about mods.

I always let the charachter of the vehicle come to me over time. your bike will define its style as you ride it and see things you want to do to it. never jump into it with an open pocketbook and a hurry.

asthetics and function should be kept in balance.

In short, you can modify pretty much anything.

Depends whether you're modding for speed, performance, looks, function or what.

Cheers for the advice people. I wasnt planning on doin much modifying to my bike when I get it, was more of a curiousity question really. I like the looks of the YZFR125 as standard, bar the wheels. Was wondering where you can get aftermarket ones from (If you can?).

I was planning on doing some proper lessons for track days, as a mate of mine takes his Ninja on the track every now n then, and looks like great fun! I jus cant wait to get it and start riding and join my mates on rides down to the coast and that.

Cheers for the advice people. I wasnt planning on doin much modifying to my bike when I get it, was more of a curiousity question really. I like the looks of the YZFR125 as standard, bar the wheels. Was wondering where you can get aftermarket ones from (If you can?).

I was planning on doing some proper lessons for track days, as a mate of mine takes his Ninja on the track every now n then, and looks like great fun! I jus cant wait to get it and start riding and join my mates on rides down to the coast and that.

BBS would probably do you a fast road set for the price of another YZFR, yes, seriously leave the wheels alone they cost a bloody fortune for anything worth fitting.

i have just started doing some cheep mods like striping factory painted enguin bolts down so they shine and stand out its just small things like this that makes them stand out.... also small indicators are a must lol as big ones look a bit well hmm crap :P

tail tidy small plate(not to small)

and good kit is a must i came off and it saved me a broken ankle :)

then theres stuf like grips,break leavers,lights,pegs,barends,rear sets(costly),seat cowling,wavey disks lol there are many things

Good advice from CYNIC and others above. Dont go making your bike look like a 2 wheel M & P catalogue. Leave that to the Suzuki Bandit owners. :D

Keep some savings to one side for a rainy day. Im sure one of those will be along far quicker than you anticipated. <_<

ATB

J

ok ok so ive got a silver iridium screen.]

My auld een " thats a flash lookn ride u got" . heres me thinkn u were a fuddy duddy on a mobylette :lol:

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online