Derestricting exhaust on Yamaha DT 125

cranaj
This post is 5325 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

• 3 months later...
Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.
Guest MaD.VeZ

All I can think of suggesting is if you cut the exhaust yourself, make sure you mark across any welds you intend to grind away( @ 90 degrees to the weld) as to give the welder something to line up-to when its welded back together. Personally I wouldn't attempt it without a spare/backup front pipe in-case things go wrong.

As for not removing the CAT why not?, mine has been off for 1000 miles or so with a complete big-one exhaust system, went through an MOT like this as they don't test emissions on bikes where I had my test done. Its only there to comply with EU legislation. :)

Vez...

Hi, my DEP silencer will be arriving soon (hopefully tomorrow) so I'm looking for a few tips. I've read the guide on dtr125.net and I know I'll have to cut the exhaust in 2 and remove the washers welded on it inside (I won't be removing the CAT :)) but I'm worried that the exhaust won't be welded back together properly so it won't fit properly... any tips to avoid this? I think I will be cutting the exhaust myself then handing it over to a professional welder... not sure yet.

The cost of getting it welded professionally unless its your Dad/Brother/Sister/Friend will be more than a new pipe so fit the proper performance part and keep the original for when you sell it.

The cost of getting it welded professionally unless its your Dad/Brother/Sister/Friend will be more than a new pipe so fit the proper performance part and keep the original for when you sell it.

+1 wouldnt bother messing with the stock header, dep headers are so much nicer if you can afford it and also saves a lot of hassle, they also dont get as hot which is nice,