Why does my Bike keep slowing down?

i love my SR125
This post is 5508 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hello,

I have a SR125, she is old (K Reg), she has developed an annoying problem on longer than 5 mile journeys, when i get upto 50mph she suddenly slows down to 40mph then 1/2 mile or so later speeds up again, she starts first time everytime and will amble along quite nicley at 35-40, but part of my journey to work involves using dual carriageway and this sudden dip in speed has caused a few near misses. any ideas most welcome :unsure:

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

I would start by checking your fuel line for clogs.

replace the filter. they're cheap. and you might want to check the flow at the float assy.

it could be that the float valve just cant keep up with the demand, and it takes about 5 miles of solid 50 per driving for the problem to become apparent.

think of it this way, if the carb is getting gas through the float valve at just slightly less flow than the engine is using at 50 per. so eventually it will be struggling to keep up.

just a thought.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online