Does size matter

peterxj600
This post is 5505 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Oil cooler on my XJ600 has split, as did my sides with laughter when I got the price of a new Yamaha one. Plenty of oil coolers on ebay for bugger all money, easy to fabricate brackets and pipes to make em fit. Question is, does it matter much if the replacement is a wee bit smaller? I know a lot of bikes don't even have a cooler fitted so I have prob answered my own question, still, best to ask those more in the know.

Cheers

Peter

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

The older XJ's didnt have a cooler so its probably a bit 'gimmicky', and going by the size of the cooler fitted kinda tells you that, I've heard of people plugging the pipes that feed the cooler and doing away with it altogether :mellow:

my ex seemed to think size mattered she left me for a 19 stone guy lol....no seriously i would think that if u put a bigger oil cooler on ur bike u might end up with less oil in the engine and if u use a smaller one then u aint gonna get the oil cool enough to be effective (just my train of thought so dont quote me on it lol) but as said above it might not matter if u have an oil cooler on anyhoo....i want a new one for my bike but aint gonna pay the mega bucks for a Yammy original, think i found some replacement ones on demontweeks.com but not sure about the pipes etc..mmmm a nice chrome one would look awesome!!

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online