Will not start?

cdsnuttz
This post is 5507 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

I have a 82 seca 400RJ that was running fine the last time I shut her down which was approx 5 months ago. I finally uncovered her charged the batterey anwent to turn her over but I could not turn the throttle. Down at the carb it was like locked up any way I finally got the taken care of but when I turn her over it just makes a load tik in the solinoid. Anybody got any ideas? Thanks!

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

I have a 82 seca 400RJ that was running fine the last time I shut her down which was approx 5 months ago. I finally uncovered her charged the batterey anwent to turn her over but I could not turn the throttle. Down at the carb it was like locked up any way I finally got the taken care of but when I turn her over it just makes a load tik in the solinoid. Anybody got any ideas? Thanks!

Did you maintain the battery during the 5 month lay off?....If not then I would suggest the battery is no good now and will need a new one.

...Paul

Did you maintain the battery during the 5 month lay off?....If not then I would suggest the battery is no good now and will need a new one.

...Paul

I tried jumping it from a truck and even off the charger. Does that mean anything or do you still say batterey?

I tried jumping it from a truck and even off the charger. Does that mean anything or do you still say batterey?

Difficult to tell really, you tried jumping it from a truck and it still didnt start but i've tried doing that myself in the past and found it difficult if not impossible to get those big croc clips onto those small battery posts, so...whilst it should have started...was the connection solid??

Anyhow if you didnt maintaint the battery for at least 5 months it will be no good now methinks, as a test... charge it up you should get a reading of around 12.5 volts after the charge, then measure it again 24 hrs later...should still be pretty much the same if the battery is good.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online