Mirror - YBR125 Custom

benb
This post is 5506 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Managed to drop my brand new YBR today practising U-turns! Only damage is that the RH mirror unit (ie from the hbar upwards) seems to have been knocked 90 degrees anti-clockwise, though it all screws in nice and tight and doesn't look damaged...have taken the unit off and re-attached it several times but it always ends up in the same place. I'm a mechanical newb but would like to fix this myself, rather than head back to the dealer so soon!

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Managed to drop my brand new YBR today practising U-turns! Only damage is that the RH mirror unit (ie from the hbar upwards) seems to have been knocked 90 degrees anti-clockwise, though it all screws in nice and tight and doesn't look damaged...have taken the unit off and re-attached it several times but it always ends up in the same place. I'm a mechanical newb but would like to fix this myself, rather than head back to the dealer so soon!

the bit that screws in to the bar is actuly screwed in to the mirror take it off and look up the inside of the thread and you should be able to see a scredriver slot then take it off screw the threaded bit back on to the bars then put the mirror on after and try and line it up like that

sorry sort of hard to explane

the bit that screws in to the bar is actuly screwed in to the mirror take it off and look up the inside of the thread and you should be able to see a scredriver slot then take it off screw the threaded bit back on to the bars then put the mirror on after and try and line it up like that

sorry sort of hard to explane

Thanks buddy...I know the bit you're talking about, will give it a go tomorrow. Didn't think my first proper trip out on my bike would end up at Focus buying gaffer tape!!

Thanks buddy...I know the bit you're talking about, will give it a go tomorrow. Didn't think my first proper trip out on my bike would end up at Focus buying gaffer tape!!

haha dont worry i came of mine two weeks a go thats life i think i think been 17 and having a 200kg bike dosent help couldent lift the bloody thing :/ ohh well we all make mistakes

im sure u will get the hang of uturns, i can go round and round in a circle on my bike now without touching the floor or the curbs :) practice makes perfect :P

Still no luck getting the mirror sorted...maybe different fittings between the YBR125 and the YBR125 custom? Can't find any info in the manual on sorting this, or how to adjust the mirror unit. The unit screws in nice and tight, but is 90 degrees off where it should be.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online