caliper kits

alanuk1979
This post is 5424 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

does anyone know where to buy rebuild kits for calipers for a 93 yzf 750r

do you definitely need to rebuild your calipers? i say this because i have a set of the same six pots fitted to your bike on my fzr1000. i wanted to refit them after having R1 calipers on it for a few years (to take it back to standard). Mine had been in my shed for 3+ years and were ratty when i took them off.

What i did was put some fresh brake fluid in and leave them for a few days (to be absorbed into the seals). i them put some 5/8 plywood between the pads and got my airline on it. Most of the pistons popped out (with a good bang). If they were stuck i used cable ties to hold the plywood against any pistons thet were free, so the siezed pistons were subjected to the pressure. Eventually all the pistons freed up and and took all of them out one at a time and cleaned them up carefully with a rag (fortunately they are stainless steel).

i then reassembled using the original oil-seals and dust seals and none leaked and the brakes are like new. might be worth a try, seals for 2 calipers each with 6 pots coould get very expensive!

as an aside i found a company via google that sell seal kits which were cheap <£5 where you just specify piston size, sorry i cant remember who they were.

good luck

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online