1975 dt400

rob dog
This post is 5464 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

I have a 1975 dt400. The head light and tail light work but I can't get the turn signals to work. I put a new flasher in it and if I cross the power from the flasher power terminal to either side terminal and switch the lever from left to right the turn signals come on but don't blink. Any advice would be appreciated...

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

I put a new flasher in it

Hi - u say new " but shurly u mean used " as new items like this are no longer availible.

Is is the 6 volt three wire type? coz usualy if the turn signals are on ,but not flashing its the unit.

Hi - u say new " but shurly u mean used " as new items like this are no longer availible.

Is is the 6 volt three wire type? coz usualy if the turn signals are on ,but not flashing its the unit.

Well, through an on-line dealer, they had a flasher unit available but wanted $104.00 for it.

I work at an automotive store and got a three prong 6v flasher unit from an outside source for $6.50.

Italked to a tech guy and he said it's pretty much the same unit...

The battery must have a full charge or the turn signals will not blink.

• 1 month later...

i have a dt 400 e with the same problem signals dont blink. but i also have another prob the plate vid is #1m2-111791 12/77 with matching case # but the cert title ses purches date 4/79 with the year as a 1979, what happend to 78?