xvs650 tank decals...

mits007
This post is 5510 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

As you may already know, my baby has a dent on her tank - (Left hand side at where the decal is)

Can any1 recommend where I can get replacement decals from?...

scooted around on ebay - and i noticed you can get the silver dragstar ones from hon kong for abt. £6. - however these will go on after lacquer - the original ones are under the lacqer - any recommendations?...

presumably in usng the silver ones, you'd have to bend them (using a hair dryer or something?) to avoid them coming off at the edges?...

regards,

-Mits-

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

The original ones... You mean the 5mm(ish) thick, 3D relief ones?

They're just stuck on top, AFAIK...

Should be able to get 'em from Yammie direct, innit?

Oh yeahhhhh...... Just seen your gallery pics. Yours are indeed more flat, like stickers.

I have ye olde ones, which I think have a slight contour to 'em anyway.

They're chromed plastic. I know, because a mate had his electroplated with gold plating, back when the mobile plating business was a franchised idea from another mate of mine up in Inverness.

But yeah, they should have enough of a natural contour to just stick on. That's what the ex did to hers when she got the custom paint job (poorly) done.

Go with whichever you like the look of best.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online