88 fz600

hatplumb
This post is 5510 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

bike has been sitting for months. battery is good turn key horn works, blinkers work, brake lights work. headlights do not come on and no action at the starter. any suggestions on what might be wrong ? i'm thinking ignition switch ? any help would be appreciated

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Does the neutral light etc come on when u turn the key?

if so id maybe try stripping down the RH switch gear and give it a good check over for corrosion or loose wires etc make sure all the contacts are good.....i take it u have checked the obvious fuses etc...try checking all the electrical connectors on the loom and spray em with contact cleaner too it wont hurt..

Does the neutral light etc come on when u turn the key?

if so id maybe try stripping down the RH switch gear and give it a good check over for corrosion or loose wires etc make sure all the contacts are good.....i take it u have checked the obvious fuses etc...try checking all the electrical connectors on the loom and spray em with contact cleaner too it wont hurt..

Me and my Bro both have FZ600 both 87 models, he had probs with his left hand switch gear i.e. the indicators worked but his pass light didnt so he took it off the handlebars and gave it a good clean up, checked al connections and contacts and he got the pass light switch working again...im assuming that this may be the same for your bike.

As the main light switch and starter are on the same switch gear it could just be that the contacts are dirty or a loose wire, just remove it from the handlebar and check it over etc...if all seems ok then check the loom and block connectors to make sure there all intact and connected/clean etc...

My bro had all electrics working but when he pressed the start button he just got clicks...new battery didnt make any diff...he had the starter off and it turned when bench tested but soon as it was back on bike it didnt, he even had a garage test it and they said it was fine...he bought a second hand one and the engine turned over!!

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online