RAF attestation tomorrow :)

wild foamy
This post is 5327 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

i had to run through all the drills today as part of a practical test, things like donning the respirator in under 9 seconds i did outside of the gas chamber (or "respirator test facility" as it is now called), but other things such as administering a combipen, changing the respirator canister, drinking using the respirator straw and decontaminating (which involved taking off the respirator, rubbing my face, neck, ears and hair with DKP2 powder and replacing the respirator) were all done inside the RTF in the presence of CS gas

That takes me back.... I used to work at a well known Nuclear Reproccessing Plant, all morning getting into the bloddy Winscale Suit (big silver anit-radiation suit), 2 minutes working, then all afternoon getting decontaminated and out! You could loose 1/2 stone in just a few hours...

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.
  • Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

thankfuly our CBRN suits are fairly easy to get in and out of, takes about 6 or 7 minutes to get fully dressed including helmet and respirator, but even outside on a chilly autumn morning it gets feckin' hot in there!, the intake before us messed up on something bad and ended up having to run around the training hangar fully dressed in CBRN suits for 40 minutes! :o

last week was all first aid training, administering CPR, putting a casualty into the recovery position e.t.c next week is a bit easier and a lot more interesting... weapons! :D, i had the first 3 lessons yesterday, holding the rifle, disassembling it, cleaning it, safety checks e.t.c and next friday is a day at the range :D. another 3 weeks and i'll be stood on the parade square all dressed and pressed in my No.1 uniform ;)