XS1100 Block Removal

johnnynhl
This post is 5508 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Any tips on how to seperate the cylindr block from the crankcase? I want to change the rings and fit a new base gasket but it wont budge!

Hi,

you need to hit the barresl in the 4 directions with a rubber mallet if this does not work goto plan 2 I'll fill in plan 2 if plan one doesnt work the problem you have is the dowels in the cylinders/barrels have some intermetalic corroision and just need some brute force & ignorance

Regards Jim

Hi,

you need to hit the barresl in the 4 directions with a rubber mallet if this does not work goto plan 2 I'll fill in plan 2 if plan one doesnt work the problem you have is the dowels in the cylinders/barrels have some intermetalic corroision and just need some brute force & ignorance

Regards Jim

Thanks Jim, wont need plan 2, just persevered. it took me 3 hours as the bloody studs were seized into the barrels with the accumulation of muck.

Cheers

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online