Tips on changing DT125R main jet

Rudi
This post is 5511 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

I know how to change a jet and where it is etc but on the DTR the carb is buried in the centre of the bike and surrounded by cables and pipes, ive had a go at getting the carb out i removed the rev counter cable and rearbrake resivior and a few other bits but i couldnt seem the get the 2 coolant pipes detached from the carb(the bike has been sitting for 5 years so things are abit harder to move).

Anyone got some hints, tips or shortcuts to help me change the main jet.

Anyone around the chingford (east london) area that wants to come have a shot at it, theres £20 in it for you if you're successful.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Is it possible to loosen the screws holding the carb onto the inlet & air filter and twist the carb round enough to get the float bowl off ?

Is it possible to loosen the screws holding the carb onto the inlet & air filter and twist the carb round enough to get the float bowl off ?

Thats what i was trying but the 2 coolant lines get in the way and i cant seem to get them off.

Thats what i was trying but the 2 coolant lines get in the way and i cant seem to get them off.

Yeh ive got a manual, dont worry now though ive done it, in the end i just got a pair of pliers and twisted the rubber around a little to break anything holding them on then they came off easily after that.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online