Mechanical Help

langers_2004
This post is 5513 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

How hard is it to change the oil seals on a rs125?

Took my bike for the mot today and i need these replacing.

I also need a new rear light cover, low beam bulb, and the front mud guard needs adjusting as it hits the exhaust.

All of this work is coming in at around 110 +vat including parts. Does this sound right, the labour is coming to £70.

Any suggestions welcome.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

I also need a new rear light cover, low beam bulb, and the front mud guard needs adjusting as it hits the exhaust.

All of this work is coming in at around 110 +vat including parts. Does this sound right, the labour is coming to £70.

Any suggestions welcome.

Labour sounds about right to me mate where i go its 40 pund and hour. As to weather its hard to do the seals iv know ieda iv never done it Andy

Any suggestions welcome.

Hi,

the rear of the front fender hitting the exhaust system sounds like you are having a bent mot done (the repairer charging you and does very llittle). Take into account the front fender should 'miss' the exhaust pipe by a good few inches & with leaking seals it would indicate some major problems. but get the mot done and pay for another else where just to insure your not riding a bent bike !

Regards JIm

Hi,

the rear of the front fender hitting the exhaust system sounds like you are having a bent mot done (the repairer charging you and does very llittle). Take into account the front fender should 'miss' the exhaust pipe by a good few inches & with leaking seals it would indicate some major problems. but get the mot done and pay for another else where just to insure your not riding a bent bike !

Regards JIm

The bike is spot on apart from these bits. The garage is a very well known and good one. The front mudguard is hitting the exhaust and i mentioned this to them, as on a pot hole it could through me off. I assume the shocks are compressing too much due to the loss of oil or the mudguard is not standard.

Just needed to know price wise really if this is ok?

Fact of the matter is..as Jim says, the front mudguard should never hit the exhaust...no matter how much the suspension is compressed. This would indicate something is damaged (bent)

The mudguard isnt the original, just had a look the one i have is bigger.

Just trim and re shape the offending bit off then... ;)

I was thinking of drilling new holes and moving it closer toi the wheel as there is enough room to do that.

Cheers for the help though.

Just the other bits to sort now.

Anywhere cheap to get the parts?

Just the other bits to sort now.

Anywhere cheap to get the parts?

It always helps if you put in your profile the year of the bike as well as the model, cant look for a lens without specific year of bike, I did find one here but dont know if its for you. Light bulbs can be bought anywhere, any bike shop, some car spares shops, maybe Halfords...just look.

It always helps if you put in your profile the year of the bike as well as the model, cant look for a lens without specific year of bike, I did find one here but dont know if its for you. Light bulbs can be bought anywhere, any bike shop, some car spares shops, maybe Halfords...just look.

Brill thanks very much for your help :D

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online