New to bikes

Rooster!
This post is 5506 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi im about to turn 17 and about to take my cbt.

Am i able to ride a yamaha yzf r125 if i pass my cbt on a twist and go test.

Also please if you have any tips on rideing with gears and how to keep my bike safe would be a great help thanks ;)

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

one tip do ure full test and get a 600 second yes you can ride a geard bike even if you do the cbt on a twist and go

and thirdly gears are easy but try and get some one to help you as you will uterly f*ck up to start with remeber cluch in down in to 1st cluch out verry smoothly with a bit of power on and off you go and then up (past nutral) in to second then up to 3 4 5 and 6 all doing the cluch smoothly to start with and you will naturaly get faster as time goes on, its good to try and find to bite point in first so put it in 1st gear and have some revs on and then let the cluch out verry slowly and you should feel it pull thats the bite point ans this is when you start to add more throtal(a bit) and let out the cluch but remember slow and smooth to start with and its the same for chaniging down gears as well.

it will take a while but you wil get there

and finaly hello and welcome :D

ps im 17 to :D

:welcome: rooster

I learnt to ride on the road :lol:

mind you that was in Devon and not busy roads so I got away with it!

took some crappy off road thing in taunton 40 miles away ( rode there) and then the on road test but this was the late 80's

aye them were the days!!! none of this poncy modern day stuff...guys following you on another bike with bluetooth intercom thingys and day glo pink vests....we had to push our bikes 5 miles, drink 3 pints of strong ale...arm wrestle a copper and answer some questions on what this sign meant etc (the answer was always "Over take all cars asap")

No seriously (DONT DRINK N RIDE) or wrestle coppers, use your head when overtaking cos 9 times outta 10 Mr average car driver wont/cant or hasnt seen u. And if you have to push your bike 5 miles then u aint filling it up often enough (Thanks to my bro who got me some fuel when i ran out the other day...the shame of it lol)

My son has just got his license and will be doing his CBT he too will have to learn how to use gears, no offence to my son but when he got his bike he said the bloody brakes a bit crappy....to which i replied thats cos its the clutch!!

he now knows which bit does what!!!....soon as he has recovered from his op i will try to teach him how to use the gears....dont think id pass my test if i had to take it again today it seems so bloody difficult compared to the test of the 80's....

Hi,

Am also new to bikes (but not 17!!!!) did cbt in June now got ybr125 and still learning how to control the thing is enough to do without having to do everything else...........lifesavers every 15secs -I'm sure I'll plough into the vehicle in front of me while I'm looking to see what's behind!!!! Never been on a bike before in my life til this year and IT'S GREAT!!!!! been driving cars for last 30+ years and never got the same buzz as on my little bike!!!

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online