DT200 Problems

MotorIlliterate
This post is 5328 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hows it going peoples, im in a spot of bother I brought a dt200 a year ago this was ment to be my 1st bike ever i used it once ran perfect all day took it home and for the last 6 months it hasnt been going it has compression and new spark plugg with spark but i cleaned out the carb and there was a ball of green paint like substance in the carb. After i cleaned it out with my tooth brush i drained the fuel tank and gave it new fuel, it fired after 2 kicks ran i turned it off after about 5 minutes and it wouldnt fire again. It has now been 3 months later ive replaced sharp plugs again, drained the tank again but havent checked the carb yet.

Does anyone have any suggestions to how i can fix this problem and to what the ball of green substance i found was.

Any feed back will be a great help

Yours sincerly

Im Clueless

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

flush the tank out to remove any gunk that may have settled in the bottom and clogged your carb

strip the carb down and give all the little jets a clean out with a signle nylon bristle from your toothbrush (dont use the same toothbrush to clean your teeth though, it will taste of petrol) as that green gunk stuff will most likely have found its way into your carb and clogged the fuel jets, thus starving the engine of fuel

• 6 months later...
  • Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online