The Kawasaki collaboration with Suzuki has started then!

Pete
This post is 7243 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Blimey, I shall make doubly sure now that none of ours are dodgy! :wink: :lol::lol:

It's an annoying fact that new bikes are usually marked, scratched or in some way damaged before they have been ridden out of the showroom. I'm fussy, I admit, but my new XT has had: 1-new side panel, 1 - new clutch cover, 1- new grab handle and if I want a new rear wheel rim. Not to mention that all the painted plastic panels have scratches. Trouble with these panels is that all the other XTs I have seen are just as bad, so replacements will probably be marked as well.

This is something that all manufacturers and dealers need to sort out in my opinion. New cars are almost always delivered in pristine condition. Not that I've ever wasted money on a new car I hasten to add. :roll:

It's not easy for dealers to keep bikes pristine, once they are in the showroom they have everyone sitting on and let's face it most people arn't that careful when it doesn't belong to them. We regularly do "damaged in transists" but we can only fix the problems in the manufacturers have the stuff to send us. Some of us do try our best to keep you customers happy but we can't get it right all the time!

Your right it is annoying for you as the customer and us it gives us more work to do for a start! If only we lived in a perfect world! :lol::lol:

That happened at Bridge - on Marsh Barton Ind. estate.

I buy lids and clothing from there, apparently they shagged up his bike and the rest is explained in the link above I imagine.

What a knobber, must have been called Ardon or something.

It's an annoying fact that new bikes are usually marked, scratched or in some way damaged before they have been ridden out of the showroom. I'm fussy, I admit, but my new XT has had: 1-new side panel, 1 - new clutch cover, 1- new grab handle and if I want a new rear wheel rim. Not to mention that all the painted plastic panels have scratches. Trouble with these panels is that all the other XTs I have seen are just as bad, so replacements will probably be marked as well.

This is something that all manufacturers and dealers need to sort out in my opinion. New cars are almost always delivered in pristine condition. Not that I've ever wasted money on a new car I hasten to add. :roll:

ive seen how new cars are treated though in work because costain (the guys i do security for) are drilling through hartwell jaguars forecourt they park thei brand new jags in our car parks and believe me they go into the body shop before they are sold guaranteed they treat them like shit they spin the wheels do handbrake turns etcetc and they are forever hitting them

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online