A Shocking Confession!

Pete
This post is 7070 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

oh christ, look out he's on the change :roll: :lol: was it a suzuki dl650 v-strom pete, i've heard you say you liked them 8)

You got it Alan.

TBH they were a lot heavier than I thought and they don't look as good in the flesh as they do in photos.

As you would expect from Suzuki, the build quality and general finish wasn't exactly top notch. And the panelling at the front of the tank is bloody huge...it just doesn't look in proportion.

Very comfortable though, and the dash is superb.

But even though it's supposed to be a kind of dual sport, as far as I can see it's just a road bike with a trailie type exhaust.

And I don't want to go back to a bike that feels like a road bike, cos I'm having too much fun with the XT.

Don't think they're selling very well either, so expect some major discounting late in the year. I think they're £4999 now...but I bet they'll be down to about £4300 when they need to clear them. And TBH, at that price they'd be a snip!

DL650.jpg

Pete's on the change..bloody hell whats the world coming to :shock:

V-Strom. Strange name, good bike I've heard. I considered one instead of the XT, but when all is said and done the Suzuki does nothing that many other road bikes don't do. XTs are where it's at I reckon. I would challenge anyone to ride one and NOT want one - they are THAT GOOD and SO MUCH FUN.

Sales are down across the board this year, so there will be some real bargains about towards the end of the year.

Sales are down across the board this year, so there will be some real bargains about towards the end of the year.

Great news.....looks like the "downsizing" of motorcyclists is starting! 8)

Great news.....looks like the "downsizing" of motorcyclists is starting! 8)

hope not :shock: after the amount of calls i've had today from stores wanting to stock my sliders :lol: 8)

hope not :shock: after the amount of calls i've had today from stores wanting to stock my sliders :lol: 8)

nice one baz 8) :D best of luck with it all. as regards to the suzook, what is with the name? :? v(easy bit) strom(pardon?)

I always thought V-Strom was a bit on the weird side :? .....

But I guess that comes with the territory when it says SuSucky :roll: on the petrol tank :lol:

YOU sat on a suzuki??!! God! It's a small step from the to Harleys y'no better be careful! :wink: :lol::lol:

suzi's arnt that bad to be fair well the hayabusa aint, i only know that coz me dad had that after his yam tzr850 which he loved. however they were quick to right the suzi off pretty shit bulit to be fair unlike the yam yams hehe also pete i wudnt go for a bike like that for £3500 jus coz of the looks and the name rather have my 50cc super motard mate, plz stick to ur yams

my old ts125r feild bike was brilliant it was tatty as hell it had two bald tyres but it still went like fuck i raced a race prepared yz80 on it and kicked his ass

• 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online