Sr 125 indicator Prob

Bwallace
This post is 5521 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi,

wondered if any one has any idea on indicators.

Bike has been running fine for the last 5 months. However I noticed sometime ago the rigth hand front indicator would intermitently stop flashing and stay on. Left one works fine. I took the head lamp of to replace the head bulb and noticed the same right/indicator didn't flash. Reasembled the head unit and it flashed again. Carried on riding and now a couple of months later the bulb has blown and I've come to replace it and noticed it doesn't come on at all. The back right indicator comes on and stays on. Both left indicators flash fine. its just the front right that's the problem.

I cleaned up the bullet connections and the housing were the indicator bulb fits and tried again and still no result.

I going to have a look at the switch to see if the problem is there. But it sounds like a local loose connection to me.

One other thing. The front indicators that came with the bike don't look standard. I think there of another machine. There small tear dropped shaped and the bulb I took out is a 12v 23w bulb. But as I say the system has worked fine for the last 6 months or so.

Any ideas??

Bwallce.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi,

Your bulb is standard fare for an indicator.

Your problem is most likely a bad earth connection. Pull the wire joiners apart and clean with very fine wet & dry (1000 grit) and wipe with WD40 before re-joining.

It would be a good idea to do every joiner you can see inside the headlight while you're there. Bikes suffer from corroded wiring much worse than cars as everything is exposed.

If your bulbs fail and come out black you can always guarantee a bad earth connection.

Regards.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online