rear carriers

piston bloke
This post is 5519 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

hi ,any info on the fitment of rear carriers for panniers to an xj550.will this be similar fitting to an xj 650.anybody parting with knowledge would be appriciated thanks piston bloke

does it work i have had no replys ha ha!

does it work i have had no replys ha ha!

Coz it's been less than 24 hours and on a Sunday, no less.....

Personally I don't know. Know nothing about your particular bike.

But you can always enquire on the GIVI webshite and see what they offer that fits your bike.

They cover most machines.

Yep, Givi is a good starting place.

You could also try renntec.

yea hi fella triedthat 4 givi but as is old does not list and r unwilling to do anything other than sell off of the shelf.Typical friendly computer staff, cheers mate!

Yep, Givi is a good starting place.

You could also try renntec.

yea hi fella tried that 4 givi but as is old does not list and r unwilling to do anything other than sell off of the shelf.Typical friendly computer staff, cheers mate!

ps what else are weekends for other than bikes?

You could buy something that will fit the panniers you want, with a similar mounting for the bike, then find a friendly fabricator/blacksmith/engineer (normally someone in Yellow pages, or ask around and see if you can find someone willing to do it at work) and get them to re-work the fitting to fit your bike. I'd look to something like Ebay and get some racks that are in need of TLC.

Once you have them sorted give then few coats of Plastikote (spelling could be off there!) and you'll never know they're not original.

I've done the same to a couple of bikes in the past with new bikes, but normally because the likes ot Touratech, MetalMule etc haven't developed the product yet.

Alternativly, buy a welder and have a go yourself. It doesn't take too long to get the hang of it - assuming you are a practicle kinda bloke

ps what else are weekends for other than bikes?

Shooting

Cooking

Sex

Drinking

Partying

Hiking

Sleeping

Gaming

The list is endless!!

Then again, I ride every day :D

Hein Gericke may be able to steer you toward a company who makes stuff.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online