Top speed - Derestricted Yamaha DTX

This post is 5444 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi,

I passed my test yesterday so after ripping my L plates off :D I went home and set about earthing the wire which allows the power valve to operate fully. I've clipped it to the front fork and it's definately worked as it's pulling a lot more in the higher revs and you can hear the exhaust note change as the valve opens at a certain number of revs.

However i still only manage 70 mph tops (was 65mph when restricted), yet reading other topics people are claiming 80/85mph? Is there something i've missed? I'm pretty sure the power valve isn't in the wrong way as i can feel and hear the power increase and i dont believe the bike has been derestricted before. Does anyone know why there hasnt been much of an increase in top end compared with what others claim? :S

Thanks

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi,

I passed my test yesterday so after ripping my L plates off :D I went home and set about earthing the wire which allows the power valve to operate fully. I've clipped it to the front fork and it's definately worked as it's pulling a lot more in the higher revs and you can hear the exhaust note change as the valve opens at a certain number of revs.

However i still only manage 70 mph tops (was 65mph when restricted), yet reading other topics people are claiming 80/85mph? Is there something i've missed? I'm pretty sure the power valve isn't in the wrong way as i can feel and hear the power increase and i dont believe the bike has been derestricted before. Does anyone know why there hasnt been much of an increase in top end compared with what others claim? :S

Thanks

the air box is restricted and so is the exhaust i belive

DEP pipe also helps, i left the airbox lid/snorkel on and didnt re jet either and have hit 85mph many times before.

I wouldnt recomend touching the powervalve unless its broken either.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online