yb100 carb valve setting or throttle cable

atocp
This post is 5448 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi all,

First off, a big thank you to JimR, mervin and all the others that have helped me thus far. I finally got my bike running yesterday after replacing the studs, bolts and washers as advised. As for the spark plug problem, you got to love Super Steel epoxy weld. That stuff is suuupper strong!

Here comes the problem now. The bike doesn't idle. And there is an excess oily residue coming from the exhaust. I can put this down to either too much oil in the mix, or not enough fuel i guess (both really the same i suppose). Making the mixture harder to burn and therefore not run well. I have tried to adjust the oil pump, but haynes tells me that the carburetor, when at full throttle, should have the valve slide moving upwards till the little circular marker just hits the top. Here's the problem, when at full throttle, the valve slide goes waaayyy past that. In fact, it goes up pretty much till it hits the top.

I have tried adjusting the throttle stop screw, and cable adjuster however neither seem to make a difference. Going from no throttle to full moves it far too far!

What should i do to make the valve move less? Is it a cable problem, where the cable is too long? I wouldn't have thought so as the throttle grip can move quite a bit. Is there a well known way to fix this problem?

Until I fix this, I cant guarantee that the oil pump is correctly set. And in any case, it shouldn't do this.

Once again, this probably wont be my last time here, but thank you all for the help and advice, and any more is greatly appreciated.

cheers, atocp

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.