XS 250

the doc
This post is 5526 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

I've just bought an xs 250 although it starts ok it won't go above 40 mph and conks out after a mile or two it restarts again after about 5 minutes to repeat the same thing all over again i've used a lead replacement additive and also redex in an attempt to clean the carbs has anyone any idea's what could be the problem?

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

you don't need Lead Replacement Petrol, all jap bikes from the 70's were designed to run on unleaded.

As OG said check filter and vacuum petrol tap. you would be well to strip those carbs and give the bike a good service.

Also coils can break down after a bit due to their age.

you don't need Lead Replacement Petrol, all jap bikes from the 70's were designed to run on unleaded.

As OG said check filter and vacuum petrol tap. you would be well to strip those carbs and give the bike a good service.

Also coils can break down after a bit due to their age.

I didn't know that no more lrp. The plan now is i'll check fuel filters clean or change if pos check fueltap for any obvious damage run again finally strip and clean the carbs manually ha ha ha i've been dead reluctant to do this as i've seen people do this and the bike never ran right again, (i assume when you say clean remove any obvious blockages) the comment about the coil sounds reasonable because with it conking out its like something is breaking down over a period of time in fact i might try that second before the carb strip cheers

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online