1981 DT175mx 12 volt conversion

TTR600
This post is 5527 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hello all. Has anyone attempted/completed this conversion and if so what lighting coil did they use?

I have done this conversion on my 86 TT350 using the XT350 lighting coils and regulator/rectifier this was an easy conversion as i used parts from the road variant. The DT on the other hand is the road version. I have tried the L31 lighting coil for motocross bikes but this is only single wire so i lost the green/white wire which then changes to the white that goes to the rectifier, Since removing this wire i have no neutral light and no oil light on the revcounter. I would like to know if there is another lighting coil that would fit this that has the two wires and is 12volt. Or if anyone knows how to wire in a single wire coil.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hello all. Has anyone attempted/completed this conversion and if so what lighting coil did they use?

I have done this conversion on my 86 TT350 using the XT350 lighting coils and regulator/rectifier this was an easy conversion as i used parts from the road variant. The DT on the other hand is the road version. I have tried the L31 lighting coil for motocross bikes but this is only single wire so i lost the green/white wire which then changes to the white that goes to the rectifier, Since removing this wire i have no neutral light and no oil light on the revcounter. I would like to know if there is another lighting coil that would fit this that has the two wires and is 12volt. Or if anyone knows how to wire in a single wire coil.

Done it

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online