1999 DTR125 help needed

Hazzy
This post is 5451 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

hi all im new here but have been looking at and reading the forum to try and find help.

i have a DTR 125 1999.

and after reading somewhere cant remember where it seems the headlight is running of the engine as all the other lights work without the engine have to be started bike starts and runs fine but the headlight keeps dimming as the Rev's are let off which makes it hard to see at night at times i would be greatful for any help

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

unfortunately this is something that most of the smaller bikes suffer from, including most modern mopeds.

the headlight brightness will vary according to engine speed because at low revs there is less electricity being generated to power the headlight, wheras at higher RPMs there is more being generated and the headlight is lit sufficiently.

on my DT50 at idle the headlight is very dim, but once im riding i dont tend to realise it

Dont see it as a negative or a fault, when your going faster you need to see further up the road-hence the light gets brighter, when doing suburban riding your lamp will be outputting 25-30 lumens, at ramming speed that will increase to between 30 and 55 lumens, its 'designed in', I think it was succesfully patented in 1972 by one Edwin Moletrap, very clever circuitry lay out,' its called 'the intelegent tacoluminescent system', T-I-T-S ™ for short, so look on the bright side it makes more sense to go fast ! :)

enough intelegent input there, why dont I have another beer then :mellow:

hi again

thanks alot for the info as i was scratching my head for a while .

i've been looking into to it and found that they don't run from battery but magneto but tbh it was doing my head in thinking there was something wrong just got to get a couple of things done then i can ride it thanks again :)