Small ding on rim of rear wheel can it be fixed ?

CORRIEBOY
This post is 5529 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Went for a run on bike the other day and soon realized something was wrong and after a quick look noticed rear tyre pressure was low (12psi ) and there was a small dent in the rim does any one know if you can get these repaired ? in Scotland if possible. Had a quick look on ebay and found someone selling wheel with disc and sprocket fitted and brand new tyre Bridgestone battleaxe bt021 all for £107 delivered, was needing a new tyre anyway ! Also anyone use bt021 on R6 ? or sports bike are they any good ? i usually use BT014s

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Went for a run on bike the other day and soon realized something was wrong and after a quick look noticed rear tyre pressure was low (12psi ) and there was a small dent in the rim does any one know if you can get these repaired ? in Scotland if possible. Had a quick look on ebay and found someone selling wheel with disc and sprocket fitted and brand new tyre Bridgestone battleaxe bt021 all for £107 delivered, was needing a new tyre anyway ! Also anyone use bt021 on R6 ? or sports bike are they any good ? i usually use BT014s

would go for the new wheel/tyre/disc option, you will prob get charged 'itchy fanny money' for a repair to a wheel made of an alloy which no right minded person would repair and then do 200 miles on :mellow:

hi correiboy,i had a dink on a two day old car alloy,i was devastated,i took it too a place near me ,very good repair ,but cost £86.so as above i would go with the wheel tyre disc option,eaven though a repair is possible.

hi correiboy,i had a dink on a two day old car alloy,i was devastated,i took it too a place near me ,very good repair ,but cost £86.so as above i would go with the wheel tyre disc option,eaven though a repair is possible.

thanks have bought wheel off ebay got it with best offer of £90 he wanted £125 plus delivery so i think its a bargain still interested to hear from someone who has run BT021 battleax on a sports bike last tyres where BT014s and they grip really well but dont last very long back was less than 1500 miles from new to bald. Thanks for the advice

:D well done,but stay out of them pot holes. :o:lol::angry:

roads here are terrible and impossible to miss pot holes have a look on you tube under Arran pot holes beautiful island dreadful roads the front never seems to have any wear on it though :D

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online