DT100 1983 Manaul - Carb Setting??

Benj
This post is 5451 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi there

I have a 1983 DT100, and it wont run with the choke off unless it is at very high revs. I was going to check the carbie out. Does anyone have an electonic copy of a manual for the DT100 (1983) that they could point me to? Or can anyone tell me what the float height should be? Many thanks

Benj :)

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

The float height for the DT100 is 21mm measured by removing the float bowl , turn the carb upside down and measure from the gasket face of the carb (gasket removed) to the bottom of the float with the tang of the float JUST touching the needle valve but NOT compressing the spring in the valve. While you have the float bowl off check the pilot jet by removing with a small flat bladed screwdriver and you should be able to just see through it. If not blow through with compressed air but Don't be tempted to poke a piece of wire through it or you will enlarge the hole .Tony.

The float height for the DT100 is 21mm measured by removing the float bowl , turn the carb upside down and measure from the gasket face of the carb (gasket removed) to the bottom of the float with the tang of the float JUST touching the needle valve but NOT compressing the spring in the valve. While you have the float bowl off check the pilot jet by removing with a small flat bladed screwdriver and you should be able to just see through it. If not blow through with compressed air but Don't be tempted to poke a piece of wire through it or you will enlarge the hole .Tony.

Thanks Tony, checked out the float height and the jet, no joy. There was a little bit of dirt etc in the carbie, seems all clean now. I pulled off the exhaust as well - no great build ups there. Putting it all back together the bike is running only a little better. It is still bogging down at low to med revs... It will run at very high revs. I was going to run some carbie cleaner through it to see if that helps... Any thoughts on what else it could be if not the jet? Many thanks

Scott