Yammy ybr 125

Ski-Dennis
This post is 5347 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Heya people im new to the site and just wanted a little info bout my ybr 125, well... ive had this bike about 4 months now second hand of my big brother has done 1644miles , im a 20 year old lad, does this bike go faster then 60mph im a heavy lad i way 16 n a half stone, a few of my friends say that every 125cc bike should do 70mph ?? i dont know wheather its because im too heavy or if its been run in proply yet or if its even ment to be driven any faster or is there any restrictors in the manafold exhaust etc... just like a bit of info really any help much aprieciated thanks..

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Heya people im new to the site and just wanted a little info bout my ybr 125, well... ive had this bike about 4 months now second hand of my big brother has done 1644miles , im a 20 year old lad, does this bike go faster then 60mph im a heavy lad i way 16 n a half stone, a few of my friends say that every 125cc bike should do 70mph ?? i dont know wheather its because im too heavy or if its been run in proply yet or if its even ment to be driven any faster or is there any restrictors in the manafold exhaust etc... just like a bit of info really any help much aprieciated thanks..

hey there,

:welcome: to the site..

nice choice of bike, i have a ybr125 myself, been on her for about 10 months now..

i just about (on a good day, with no wind, going downhill, on a full stomach) get around 65mph out of her..

im a slim guy, and not heavy at all, getting 60mph for me is as far as it would go!!

4 stroke 125cc bikes, arent fast.. period..

regardless, ybr 125 is the way to go for a learner bike, easy to handle, and no worries if, in a worst case, is dropped, cos the stiff footpegs take most of it!

source: having dropped it myself, due to a drunk pedestrian, and a wet road!

hope this helps.. any questions, post them up, im sure somebody would be willing to help..

uzi_999

Heya Uzi thank you very much, this as helped alot didnt think it would go much faster being a 4 stroke :D and yes ive had the same problem of dropping it my girlfriend took it of the stand and dropped it, completely bent the brake handle but fine and still works only bad pointer i have with this bike is the choke right in the engine :( lol thanks

The ybr125 I had until March this year was fuel injected - no choke. It was a 2008 model.

They are a nice bike to learn to ride on.

I sometimes use my daughters YBR on the M27 motorway. I have done nearly 75mph on a good day.... 70mph most days unless uphill or very windy....but 65mph without any trouble...100 mpg sometimes when I don't thrash it!

they are restricted in the exhaust but there are no aftere market ones atm i dont think but ixil are making one for it it may be restricted to 60mph (rpm restriction) like the dt 125's that have to have a ground wire earthed to be able to rev over 6000rpm also you may want to play with the gearing maybe go 2 up on the back sprocket that should give you better top end

how is the bike pulling at the moment ?? like 0-30 0-60mph?

also make sure the tires are inflated to there proper psi

you could get a cone air filter (also check its clean) then go up some sizes on the jets to increse fuel flow. change spark plug to a iridium to insure proper firing check oil is ok

and you should be set if you do all of that (minus the exhaust and grounding as im not sure they can be done) you should at least get 75mph ish but slower 0-60 but the extra fuel will reduce the efect on the acceleration from the gearing change

hope this helps

Dan

Hey thanks dan gunna give it ago at some stuff you said erm... its really quik for 0-60 dont know how fast exactly but after 60 the needle doesnt move very much ?? i have the 2007 model soo.. ?? and is ure engine more likely to break if ure revving past 7000rpm ?? it goes to 9000 then from 10-12 thousand its red lining

I sometimes use my daughters YBR on the M27 motorway. I have done nearly 75mph on a good day.... 70mph most days unless uphill or very windy....but 65mph without any trouble...100 mpg sometimes when I don't thrash it!

:o :o :o :o :o

I'm just about getting 65MPH..

Mine is the fuel injected one no carbs to mess about with, i guess the carb'd one can be tinkered around with..

Hey thanks dan gunna give it ago at some stuff you said erm... its really quik for 0-60 dont know how fast exactly but after 60 the needle doesnt move very much ?? i have the 2007 model soo.. ?? and is ure engine more likely to break if ure revving past 7000rpm ?? it goes to 9000 then from 10-12 thousand its red lining

well as long as you dont run in to the red line it will be ok and because the acceloration is good you can handle another 2 teeth on back sproket also if you accelorate just under red line then you should get a higer top end as well

does this bike go faster then 60mph im a heavy lad i way 16 n a half stone,

im exactly ur weight too, and a ybr125 rider. i find 60 is around the max i can go, 65 at a push, but the bike doesnt like that. saying that, loving every second of it, and no drops yet....

drill it out or grind the weld out with a rotary tool (Dremel)

i had to do this last week on a mate Leo vince exhaust for his beneli :P

lol thats what i had to do to my leo vince for my gilera pain in the ass but so worth it lol

well as long as you dont run in to the red line it will be ok and because the acceloration is good you can handle another 2 teeth on back sproket also if you accelorate just under red line then you should get a higer top end as well

Mine is at 9000revs most of the time...few times past 10000...I think the engines are good enough to take it. Also found that it got easier after 3000 miles on the clock.

Mine is at 9000revs most of the time...few times past 10000...I think the engines are good enough to take it. Also found that it got easier after 3000 miles on the clock.

well you shouldent have been reving over what it says in the manual for the first 3000miles while the engine beds in if you have gone over that limmit that yamaha spesify then most likley it will do less mpg,be slower,starting issues,reliability isues and maybe drink oil (if its a 2 stroke, i know its not)

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online