DT175mx no spark

jebb
This post is 5523 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Just a few probs with my dt.Does anyone have any ideas why the bugger wont spark? I have assembled it from a few spare parts, however the cdi matches the loom and stator (6 wire). Am getting some form of life from the magneto and have a new plug and supressor. Help!. Cheers Jeb

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Just a few probs with my dt.Does anyone have any ideas why the bugger wont spark? I have assembled it from a few spare parts, however the cdi matches the loom and stator (6 wire). Am getting some form of life from the magneto and have a new plug and supressor. Help!. Cheers Jeb

Hi Jeb

Try unplugging the kill switch and the ignition key switch then check again.

Try another plug,

Check the resistance values of your magneto source coil = 420 ohms +- 10%............Brown to chassis

Check the resistance of the magneto pulse coil = 12.4 ohms +- 10%...........White / Red to chassis

Check the resistance values of the ignition coil, Primary = 1.0 ohm =- 15%, secondary = 5900 ohms +- 20%

...Paul

Hi Jeb

Try unplugging the kill switch and the ignition key switch then check again.

Try another plug,

Check the resistance values of your magneto source coil = 420 ohms +- 10%............Brown to chassis

Check the resistance of the magneto pulse coil = 12.4 ohms +- 10%...........White / Red to chassis

Check the resistance values of the ignition coil, Primary = 1.0 ohm =- 15%, secondary = 5900 ohms +- 20%

...Paul

Hi Paul,

Just tried your suggestions and still nothing; anything further would be most appreciated, apart from the obvious like torching the bastard.

Cheers, Jeb

hi there, dont know if its any help but my mates dt had similar problems, it was all down to his spark timing, might be spouting a load of rubbish bu it might be worth checking it out your statoplate. hope this helps you out

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online