I REALLY NEED HELP

j.r.
This post is 5408 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hello everyone, I bought and FZR 1000 this past year and the shocks are completly thrashed. I really need help getting the shocks fixed. I looked up a few and I am not sure what options are fisable. It seems the best option is the OHLIN shocks.

http://www.oncycles.com/browse.asp?departm...ory=sfy_fzr1000

This is going to cost me 739.00 plus tax.

However i saw another company Hagon produces a non gas shock and i am not sure if this absorber will work on my bike. I have already purchased from JC Whittney and they sent me the wrong item. Can anyone tell me if this Hagon product will work for me?

http://www.mandp.co.uk/productinfo.aspx?ca...;tier3url=Hagon

IF not what my best option is to replace my shocks at a reasonable price. Thank you!

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

I would say Hagon do well engineered replacement parts, at a 'keep it real fanny bawz' price, I've done my XJ front end (think in the dire States this is called a 'Sega II, or something, anyway its 'mega'), so I would give the Hagon guys an 'air slap', not good with American terminology :mellow:

Why dont you try to get a nice second hand of upside down forks of the 92 model had them on my FZR

I am not sure how to do it really. I have not really gotten into the customization side. I just really need to know of those HAGON shocks will work. I know that the 89 shocks are almost un obtainable now days cause of the age of the bike.

Well, having just done the search on their webshite myself.....

Bike: FZR1000R EXUP (3LG)

Year: 1989 onwards

Shock Type: N

Part Number: M62070

From those references, I deduce that it's a monoshock you need, which is:

HAGON MONOSHOCK CODE N ADJUSTABLE SPRING AND DAMPING

Cost: £275 plus P&P since you're outside the UK.

I'm guessing that even with shipping costs, import tax and whatever else, it's still far cheaper than the $739 option.

Oh, and guess what - I have a Hagon Type N monoshock fitted to my bike, albeit a slightly different size.

IMO, they are amazing and work fantastically. Well worth the money!!!!!

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online