big 2 stroke oil leak HELP

This post is 5457 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

hiya peepz this is a great site..... i really need some help ive got a yamaha dtr125 1990.. i pulled up 2day and noticed there was a big puddle of red 2 stroke oil under the bike.... ive had a look and noticed its coming out of one of the pipes coming out of the engine..... i really dont know why its doing this and what that pipe is for as there are 3 of them..... please could sum1 help me.... i really dont want my dtr sitting there doing nothing....... look forward to your help guys...... cheerz.....

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

possibly a hole in one of the pipes, most likely the feed pipe coming from the oil tank, remove the tube and replace it, i wouldnt advise riding the bike in its current state and it will most likely be deprived of oil

possibly a hole in one of the pipes, most likely the feed pipe coming from the oil tank, remove the tube and replace it, i wouldnt advise riding the bike in its current state and it will most likely be deprived of oil

hiya m8 i have took the pipe off to see if there is a hole in it as its 1 that leads to nowere like a overflow or a breather pipe and the oil is flodding out of the nipple that the pipe goes onto :unsure: im really confused.......

the breather pipe should be in the top of the oil tank point downwards, there should be a feed nipple on the bottom of the tank with a pipe going to the oil pump in the engine (RHS engine case), its best to repalce the pipe as holes are not always visible. if there is oil coming out of the overflow this indicates you have added two much two stroke oil to the tank

it may also be possible that your oil tank has a crack in it, if this is the case then you may be able to drain the tank, clean it and apply a small amount of epoxy resin or cyanoacrylite (basically superglue) to the crack to seal it.

hope this helps :)

Steve

the breather pipe should be in the top of the oil tank point downwards, there should be a feed nipple on the bottom of the tank with a pipe going to the oil pump in the engine (RHS engine case), its best to repalce the pipe as holes are not always visible. if there is oil coming out of the overflow this indicates you have added two much two stroke oil to the tank

it may also be possible that your oil tank has a crack in it, if this is the case then you may be able to drain the tank, clean it and apply a small amount of epoxy resin or cyanoacrylite (basically superglue) to the crack to seal it.

hope this helps :)

Steve

hiya m8... the oil is going into the engine from the autolube but looks to me as its coming out of a breather pipe from the engine..... its very weird m8.... i cant understand it.........

hiya m8... the oil is going into the engine from the autolube but looks to me as its coming out of a breather pipe from the engine..... its very weird m8.... i cant understand it.........

just found out m8 its coming out of the crank breather.... i really dont know why its doing this...... and what would cause it..... ive only had the bike a week. its doing my head in :angry:

did you overfill the crankcase with oil?, consult your haynes manual for the correct measurement, my manual even has a diagram and measurements for making a "dipstick" to check the oil level

did you overfill the crankcase with oil?, consult your haynes manual for the correct measurement, my manual even has a diagram and measurements for making a "dipstick" to check the oil level

no m8 its 2 stroke oil coming out of the crank breather..... i think it might have to have a bottom end rebuild..... there is sumfink very wrong lol...............

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online