Worse Bike Accident?

JohnR6
This post is 7240 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

I got hit head on by a drunk in a car. I was riding a Honda sidecar combination at the time. Colles fracture of the wrist, broken pelvis, massive soft tissue damage. Thank god I had a sidecar, because I could put my crutches in it and still ride!

Got enough money to pay off my mortgage and put in a swimming pool! My girlfriend got so much compensation I married her. Stupid of me really. Crazy bitch.

I was thrown off a GT750 Suzuki in 78 at 110mph....courtesy of a tankslapper. And you wonder why I'm so anti-Suzuki? :roll:

Mind you I got up and walked away with just cuts and bruises! 8)

I got knocked off my GSXR750 by a car that done a runner( they never found 'em) broke my right arm, leg n hip and my back. Didn't get no compensation cos couldn't find anyone to sue. Couldn't work for 2 years!

Haven't crashed yet, thankfully, and hopefully I won't ever, but you never know with these car drivers about :roll:

Haven't crashed yet, thankfully, and hopefully I won't ever, but you never know with these car drivers about :roll:

I wouldn't worry as much about car drivers as I would other Bikers.

When you get a bigger bike you'll see what I mean. In fact I was speaking to a lifelong rider in his mid 50's the other day, and he told me that it's very rare he'll go out on his bike on Sundays now cos it's RaceTrack Wales...courtesy of Power Rangers. :roll:

And if you think he's a bit of a wuss saying that....well I should tell you that he was a CCM Works rider in the 60's and 70's, so he really knows his stuff. Rides a TDM900 too.

Yeah I know a lot of riders have accidents because they push each other too hard. I already experience it off-road when my friend with a '94 DT50 and I go offroad together, I reaaly would rather not go over some bumps at the speed we do :?

only fell off on the road once and it was pretty lame, but had to format my system a few times after its crashed loads :wink:

My worst accident was when I was 16. I was waiting to turn right at a traffic light, a car came across on Red straight into me. I broke his headlamp with my left knee - OUCH! - was flung about 50 feet and broke my little toe - OUCH! The bike - a Honda 50 was a complete write off. I still have the scars on my knee and I remember that the broken toe was extremely painful for quite a while.

I T-Boned some broad in a car @ a UnMarked 4-way intersection, only 2 blocks from my house :roll: .....back in '87. My neck & my left knee have NEVER been the same since :?

My worst accident was when I was 16. I was waiting to turn right at a traffic light, a car came across on Red straight into me. I broke his headlamp with my left knee - OUCH! - was flung about 50 feet and broke my little toe - OUCH! The bike - a Honda 50 was a complete write off. I still have the scars on my knee and I remember that the broken toe was extremely painful for quite a while.

I had the very same kinda thing in 81', I was turning right too, and got hit, my result was 2 broken thighs, ankle's, left wrist & hand, pelvis.

And did something to my lower back that to this day I dont know what, and also something to do with the tendon/muscle in my left big toe.

The bike!, it was written off too, a Fantic Caballero 50 a little dirt bike, I went to see it when I got out, (I got a GT250 when I recovered).

What fekin' mess, infact the front forks were tore off out the yokes :shock:.

Man, sorry to hear that Chelvin :( ......that's gotta just tweak ya just a bit :? ...My heart goes out to ya :wink:

Now, on a more pleasant sidenote.....

:hi to the Forum! :D

F**k i wudnt know if i cud get back on a bike after that u know, it would screw me and shake me up!! kids all the time look like there goin to run out in front of ya, all me mates go dead quick past kids but i take it slowly jus coz of things like that!! i saw a kid get knocked ova once it was horriable :oops: :cry:

Fell off my FS1E at 16 in 1975 and thought I would have learned a lesson.

Got my RD250 after it and went over the handlebars in a burn up a couple of weeks later.

Impact at 60mph was on top of my head. A hole the size of my fist was ripped off the top of my helmet right down to the last layer of cloth.

Rolled down the road and lost skin of knees and elbows.

Could not afford to buy a new helmet :cry:

So I repaired the old one with car body filler :shock: and resprayed it.

Sheer loonacy I used it for 2 more years with the filler cracks showing thru.

Learned to be careful after that. I take every other rider and vehicle as a blind fool now.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online