FZR600 Suddenly Runs Wrong

christoph21
This post is 5357 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hey all. Just bought the bike. Frame has 40,000 miles on it but motor has 10k. I have put 1,000 miles on without incident but yesterday I rode it around, to work and such, then at night left to go somewhere and it wouldn't rev past 5K or so. the headlight is flickering and i had to turn the key a few times to even get the lights to come on. It runs like normal I'd say below 5k rpm though. Is this a stator or rectifier problem? I have a spare stator . . .

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

if you had to turn the key a few times to turn the light on i would have put that down to the ignition switch, maybe a dodgey connection or full of water?

if you had to turn the key a few times to turn the light on i would have put that down to the ignition switch, maybe a dodgey connection or full of water?

Yeah. I left and had my roommate check it out. he said nothing happened when the key turned but I'm going off what he said. I think he was just doing it wrong when turning the key ( Hard, right!?) . Anyway, I'll try it tonight when I get off work