Opinions needed?

wild foamy
This post is 5532 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

hi everyone.

has anyone had any experiance with the pre-div XJ600s?, i.e. what they are like to ride long distance, things to look out for when buying one e.t.c

ta :)

Steve-o

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Dunno about newer models but Xj's are renowned for reliability (the vauxhall Astra van of the bike world is how I've heard them described), easy to maintain and work on if anything does go wrong-which is rare, very comfy on long hauls-nice big fat seat, good near upright riding position too, much loved by couriers, you missed a stomper bargain on Fleabay the other night Steve a 1996 pre div with a genuine 8000 ish mileage-all Mot's present, 1 owner, a steal at £900, seller Ashford in Kent-buyer a guy with a big cheeser of a grin too big to get his lid on-unless he had an open facer :D , I would def recommend getting one, as far as 'what to look out for I'd consult 'Regards JimR', he the man :)

thanks BWJ, is there much available in the range of pimpification?, i have this habit of decorating my rides with a little bit of bling so am wondering how easy it will be to find addons such as exhausts, DB screen e.t.c

thanks BWJ, is there much available in the range of pimpification?, i have this habit of decorating my rides with a little bit of bling so am wondering how easy it will be to find addons such as exhausts, DB screen e.t.c

wouldnt matter if you put all the sticker collection from 'panini', or 'bikers sticker magazine' on it, it will still look like a Divvy, and, thats not a bad thing, :mellow:

Never said it was a bad think, just i have a habit for tinkering with my rides :P

the bike ive been looking at has done just over 37000 miles and has 11 old MOTs, V5 and a haynes manual, is 37k good for a 1988 XJ?

Never said it was a bad think, just i have a habit for tinkering with my rides :P

the bike ive been looking at has done just over 37000 miles and has 11 old MOTs, V5 and a haynes manual, is 37k good for a 1988 XJ?

yep mileage about right, which is not an issue with a 'roon an rooner', if you see what I mean :mellow: , old MOT's your sorted, how much? :mellow:

£250, just needs a bit of tidying up as its been sat outside for a while, needs new forks aswell as the current ones are pitted, but unlike the Jawa replacement forks are plentiful and cheap on evilbay :)

i just prefer to research the bike first before i get too involved, wish i had done that before buying my Jawa ¬¬

£250, just needs a bit of tidying up as its been sat outside for a while, needs new forks aswell as the current ones are pitted, but unlike the Jawa replacement forks are plentiful and cheap on evilbay :)

grab it with your greedy little mits, thats a good buy, lots of bits availabubble, you wont regret this purchase, unlike the tractor you bought, young warrior ;)

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online