hard to start

This post is 5458 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi guys, first time user.

I recently bought an 85 200 yamaha atc. The seller said it starts first or second pull ever time---(bs). The only way I can start it is to pull the plug- spray b-12 in the hole-replace plug, then pull rope several times with throttle open. Thats a lot of work. The compression release seems to be working, its getting gas, I guess the spark is (new plug) ok, and I jerk the puddin out of the rope when I try to start it. Could anyone shed any light on this, I would deeply appreciate it?

Thanks

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Yeah it sounds like your pilot jet is blocked. Remove it with a small flat blade screw driver, then clear it with a jet tool, gently with wire, compressed air, you might be able to just blow it out. Also check the main jet for blockage, as well as your float level if you have that handy. Then again making sure your needle valve moves freely wouldn't be a bad idea eaither.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online