Introductions, introductions

themadmadman
This post is 5534 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

New to the forum (lurked for a bit) so i thought i should introduce myself. Mad scientist, mad man, general bodger.. you get the picture

Currently learning bikes (at 27 :o ) on an inherited honduh 90, but i've always wanted a trial-ped, particularly DT50 MX's from the 80s. Just always liked them, whereas i do like.. more usual steeds, it's that bike that i've wanted since i was a kid... big wheel model?

Had a project idea to make one a superb commuter type machine, but also keep its green-lane potential.

I'm mechanically good, so intend to do all my own work and i'm never happy with anything which is entirely standard as the manufacturer cut-corner-built it, indeed i've decided to use the honda for now whilst I find then rebuild/custom build said DT50. Haven't got one yet, looking around for something cheap, which it has to be as i'm on a tight budget, solid frame.. not bothered too much about engine or incidental part condition as long as it's cheap and is a solid rolling (or nearly so) frame. So if anyone knows where i can get such a machine, let me know :lol:

I'm in Sheffield, Yorkshire and am slightly.. eccentric.. bear with me my mind moves in strange waves but i get there in the end... and if i say anything offensive to you, unless it was an obvious direct insult ie "you're a..." ignore it, i have a habit of innocently putting my foot in it.. lol :D

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

hi mate welcome to the forum.

the DT is a good choice, i absolutely love my DT50MX and although it aint the fastest geared bike on the road (my mates aprillia RS50 has atleast 10-15mph on it) it gets me where i need to go and never rarely fails to get me there (only if im being a prat and run it too lean after trying to "tune" it and subsequentlywreck the bore), but i wont be parting with it until october.

anyhoo, i digress

welcome to the forum :)

I'm only new but can I say welcome too. They're a friendly bunch and apparently there's some old bloke on a bike with bad hearing somewhere around here. I'm sure he's just as nice as the rest of them though :D :D :D

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online