XV125/250 Custom Chopper 14" Rake Kits anyone

frankg
This post is 5447 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Ok I know AME do a set for like £1,500 but lets face it thats absurd so does anyone know where or who can do one cheaper. I have some 8 inch overs for CB750 and GS750 Forks (35mm) but there probably too thick so will have to source Virago sized extended fork legs (32mm) - will need the yokes making to fit.

An alternative is to put springers on and rake the frame, this WOULD be cheaper but lots more work. There must be a market for this cos of the Lifan engines being manufactured and the general interest in chops AND ofcourse cos new drivers worldwide are being restricted in engine capacity - hense this project cos its for my 18yr old son

Any ideas everyone or suggestions?

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Ok I know AME do a set for like £1,500 but lets face it thats absurd so does anyone know where or who can do one cheaper. I have some 8 inch overs for CB750 and GS750 Forks (35mm) but there probably too thick so will have to source Virago sized extended fork legs (32mm) - will need the yokes making to fit.

An alternative is to put springers on and rake the frame, this WOULD be cheaper but lots more work. There must be a market for this cos of the Lifan engines being manufactured and the general interest in chops AND ofcourse cos new drivers worldwide are being restricted in engine capacity - hense this project cos its for my 18yr old son

Any ideas everyone or suggestions?

I know that Bad Penny Customs in Perth, Australia do a raked tripple trees for the 250. Don't know about the UK though. You could email them and see if they know of anyone.

Thanks for that, yeah there are some interesting websites in Aussieland and many good posts on youtube by members and owners of Virago's. We are slowly starting to put soem ideas together, next is to get a 750/1100 front end and see what it offers - I asked on the other section for specs of the forks cos there similar 32/33mm.

Unfortunately the frame isnt the most friendly to alter, the air intake is crazy and you lose so much area in the petrol tank it really does make you wonder who thought of such a stupid arrangement. There are also some interesting convertions done in the states and Mexico, will try and get more info and pics on them - just a pity the engines are so hard to come by as its by far the best looking of all the small V-twins. Atleast we now have a complete spare rolling chassis to play with, next it the forks and bars to see what we can do and I have access to software to design cars so can use that to provide the CNC machines the details to cut a yoke !! I think I might even get a few done if it works and make them available - more on this later.

Wouldnt it be cool if the AJS EOS had used the Lifan FL250 then it would be a simple job of swapping the 250 for the 125 original Virago, and now they also do the 400 version of the Virago !!! Why???? cos its over the 33BHP - EUrope and the rest of the world should get together and agree some common rules so manufacturers can build for many markets not individual ones - too many inconsistancies.

I know that Bad Penny Customs in Perth, Australia do a raked tripple trees for the 250. Don't know about the UK though. You could email them and see if they know of anyone.

Wouldnt it be cool if the AJS EOS had used the Lifan FL250 then it would be a simple job of swapping the 250 for the 125 original Virago, and now they also do the 400 version of the Virago !!! Why???? cos its over the 33BHP - EUrope and the rest of the world should get together and agree some common rules so manufacturers can build for many markets not individual ones - too many inconsistancies.

That will never happen. It makes too much sense and it's too much of a good idea.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online