2009 FZ1N

Gunny1
This post is 5446 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Lo folks im Gunny

First post here,i will introduce myself in your new members area shortly.

Im about to put down my deposit on a brand new FZ1N(non abs)

I was going to buy a 2006 one but then i read all the negative comments about the fuel cut problem.

i believe this was cured from 2008 model onwards,but im just a bit short of cash to buy a 2008 right out.

So im getting £900 off the price of the brand new one and im getting it delivered for free up to scotland and of course im still getting 0% apr.

I`ve went over the pros and cons for days but all my friends say its a no brainer at this deal and to just get it.

ANYWAY has anyone on here got the 2009 bike and what do they think of it?

Thanks in advance

• 2 weeks later...
Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Lo folks im Gunny

First post here,i will introduce myself in your new members area shortly.

Im about to put down my deposit on a brand new FZ1N(non abs)

I was going to buy a 2006 one but then i read all the negative comments about the fuel cut problem.

i believe this was cured from 2008 model onwards,but im just a bit short of cash to buy a 2008 right out.

So im getting £900 off the price of the brand new one and im getting it delivered for free up to scotland and of course im still getting 0% apr.

I`ve went over the pros and cons for days but all my friends say its a no brainer at this deal and to just get it.

ANYWAY has anyone on here got the 2009 bike and what do they think of it?

Thanks in advance

hi gunny

also picking up my brand new FZ1 on friday - did a straight swap with my 09 zx10r - which I did 4000 miles on but my 51yrold wrists, knees and hips could not take the pain anymore - took the FZ out for a long test ride on a mix of roads - what a blast - so much fun - superb power delivery - great handling - lovely noise - was considering having a fancy can put on it but I want to keep the exup and it sounded great anyway - I went for the non abs in black + tail tidy, r&G protectors and a powerbronze screen. The only thing I might further add is some sort of foam or gel insert in the seat as I did get a little bit of a numb bum after a while - still a lot more comfortable than a full on sportsbike though -keep me posted about how you get on with yours and any bits and pieces you might recommend

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online