RD 350 LC2 or F model?

oldskoollracer
This post is 5533 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hello folk`s i`m new here. recently bought an old YPVS in a very bad state for a project bike,i hope this will be a good place to find out just what model bike it is?,frame plate has model type 31K,engine and frame numbers start with 54,body work looks like it`s an F model,it does not have the mechanical tacho drive like the lc2,so i`m wondering why the chassis plate says model type 31K,and not 57V?,any info would be just dandy!,will also have a few part`s for sale at some point if any one need`s or know`s somebody lookin for some bit`s.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

i`m wondering why the chassis plate says model type 31K,and not 57V?,

HI & welcome :D . Now then my mate raced RDs & ypvs "s in the 1980s , so wen he comes babk of holls in Thialand [ he said hes looking at the temples :unsure: ] will get some info for yeh , oh and wot part of the country are ye in????

HI & welcome :D . Now then my mate raced RDs & ypvs "s in the 1980s , so wen he comes babk of holls in Thialand [ he said hes looking at the temples :unsure: ] will get some info for yeh , oh and wot part of the country are ye in????

Ha-ha,aye up the northern end dan ye know yer sel!,but any good Info appreciated!

Hi - the 1985 model year F1 and N1 YPVS still had 31K at the start of the frame no. despite being 57V and 1JF model codes respectively rather than 31K. One way to tell the difference is that the F1/N1 frames should have a mounting bracket on the left and right near the front for the stalks that the mid fairing sections were mounted to. The earlier 1983 LC2 frames won't have this.

Thank`s for all your help so far folk`s,was just wondering why the chassis plate says model type 31k and not 57V,i am aware that the frame numbers start with 31K tho,and it has the full fairing,so i`m thinkin it must be an F model,just not sure what the crack is wi the chassis plate sayin model type 31K?,time will tell i guess! :)

Thank`s to ypvs tone for the link,look`s like it a mix between an F and an lc2,the barrels pistons head and carb`s are 31K,cdi is from a japan 52Y model,think yamaha-motor loon`s must o been on the whisky when they put this one together! :blink:

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online