DT125R 06 - POWER VALVES ?

dom19
This post is 5444 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

wot do i do to tune my powervavles up so the bike flys, its full stock standards at the moment exept the, wire earthin to the frame, and the snorkel under the seat has been taken off, it dose 83 maxed out but i need some more power i want it to lift up on me its hard to wheelie atmo, its got like a servo and a pully thing i adjust the cables to line the notch up with the hole, atmo when my bikes ignition is on, the notch is not lined up, as soon as i kick my bike and start it up so its running the notch moves over the hole, and when i rev my throttle it turns clockwise about a quater way round, is this runnin fine or is it f**ked

it might just be me tho, ive had the bike a year, it might just seem slow to me now, 2 liter subarua wrx raced last week, i beat him and he was raggin the balls off the scooby, also an audi a4 1.8 tdi i left tht in my smoke :P

dose the bike seem fine ? it hits 75 in 5th gear

like is the valve workin fine ?

1st gear, - 20

2nd gear - 35

3rd gear - 55

4th gear - 65

5th gear - 75

6th gear - 83

thats wot my bike gets to when im redlineing it and it gets to 60 stupidly fast just, dosent seem like its got alot ov power it dosent try rip me back and wheelie on me at any time at all, like my mates rm125 it lifts up on him in almost every gear, altho i raced him and i was almost up his ass all the race, just seemed to have better accel.

also my mate has an old dt125 1998 and it fucking flies, lifts up in 1st 2nd and 3rd and thats fully standard

it has the YPVS, whys this because its so old ? no restrictions ?

thx all

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Stick a full DEP on it if you want better acceleration, ive got the 2002 DT125R with a DEP and it maxes out at a genuine 70mph (clocked on my GPS) but itll lift its self up in 1st and 2nd and with a bit of encouragement(dropping the clutch) 3rd aswell.

• 2 weeks later...

You wont get much better than 75mph in 5th gear, tbh the only way youl get a better top end is change your gearing if you dont mind losing bit of acelaration or go the other way and lose some top end but it will 'lift' on you.

Id hit 65mph in 5th then all the way to 85mph in 6th and 55mph would have been my 5th gear edging the powerband.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online