Yamaha SR 125 wierd Electrical fault

erasor
This post is 5540 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi i have been riding a Yamaha Sr 125 for the past 5 months with no problems occuring, until today, i came into the garage and found that the key was in the ignition switich and was set to "on".

the wierd thing is that no lights were showing while it was on, i turned it to off and turned it on again and go no electrics showing. due to this i thought that the battery had run flat, i placed it onto a recharger. it registered that the battery didnt need recharging, i have looked at the 20amp fuse and it is ok, the only other issue is that withing the last week is that when i would put my key into the ignition it was very stiff and wouldnt turn to on, i placed loads of 3 in 1 oil in adn it freed up and the bike started as normal.

If anyone has any ideas on what the issue is it would be a great help. thankyou Karl

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi Karl. maybe the 3 in 1 oil wasnt such a good idea, could it have gotten ito the electric contacts of the switch? (Oil is an insulator). I would have used a spray of WD40 myself as this seems ok in switches. you may have to remove the switch and soak it in something like white spirit, then dry it and leave it in a warm place to evaporate any spirit residue. Follow this by a light spray of WD40

You could always try bypassing all this cleaning by spraying with WD40 operating the key...repeated times...crossed figers and all.

...Paul

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online