tyre fiil

up.yours
This post is 5440 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

have you seen the big guy at the barn selling his tyre gunk stuff,£25-£45 quid a pop. suppose you get a nail in your tyre ,the gunk fills the peirce :mellow: and saves you pushing your hack ,good.BUT :unsure: what if a screw goes in :huh: i would imagine it will pull out the rubber in the thread of the screw ,now will his spunky stuff fill that gap :huh::huh: i dont think it would ,and out of nine punctures ive had ,seven were screws , one was a blow out ,and one, yes it was a nail.so is it worth it :unsure::unsure::unsure:

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

ive heard of it, a mate of mine has a bottle of Holtz Tyre Weld stowed under his seat for such events and he says its good stuff, wish i had some when i got my puncture :(, wasnt far from home but still was unpleasent

:(, wasnt far from home but still was unpleasent

i pushed a xs500 for 11 miles ,now thats what you call unpleasent,{it was my pride and joy at the time}

yes - it is worth having.

Screw/nail it'll do the job on tubeless tyres (on tubed it's less effective)

ultraseal/tyre gunk/tyre weld it's all similer stuff...

look around for prices - or you can buy the stuff on ebay and DIY.

yes - it is worth having.

Screw/nail it'll do the job on tubeless tyres (on tubed it's less effective)

mine are tubed , but im still sceptical about its proformance. <_< . also the shit im on about stays wet in the tyre ,and mr. tyre repair man wont be happy when all that wet slimmy shit hits his garage floor :o:o:o

mine are tubed , but im still sceptical about its proformance. <_< . also the shit im on about stays wet in the tyre ,and mr. tyre repair man wont be happy when all that wet slimmy shit hits his garage floor :o:o:o

Yeah - it all stays wet. I've got tubed, and have got ultraseal in them... If there's a chance it'll stop me being stuck by the side of the road - I'm in!

Al long as you let the dude at your garage know beforehand - he should be alright about it.

Yeah - it all stays wet. I've got tubed, and have got ultraseal in them... If there's a chance it'll stop me being stuck by the side of the road - I'm in!

yea i understand ,but £40ish quid for one puncture then you throw it down the grid,also isnt my idea of money well spent.because like wild foamy says you can get tyre weld in a can for a fiver. :huh:

have you seen the big guy at the barn selling his tyre gunk stuff,£25-£45 quid a pop. suppose you get a nail in your tyre ,the gunk fills the peirce :mellow: and saves you pushing your hack ,good.BUT :unsure: what if a screw goes in :huh: i would imagine it will pull out the rubber in the thread of the screw ,now will his spunky stuff fill that gap :huh::huh: i dont think it would ,and out of nine punctures ive had ,seven were screws , one was a blow out ,and one, yes it was a nail.so is it worth it :unsure::unsure::unsure:

The same guy from Rivington Barn is coming to my rally this weekend with his stall!

www.thejunctionfunction.co.uk

yea i understand ,but £40ish quid for one puncture then you throw it down the grid,also isnt my idea of money well spent.because like wild foamy says you can get tyre weld in a can for a fiver. :huh:

You've answered your own question then :icon_wink:

As I said

However much it costs - when you've got a flat and your 30 miles from home you'll wish you'd got something - and it's not just one punchture I know someone (using ultraseal) that pulled two screws and a nail out of his tyre - before heading round france/spain...

pick whichever -

The same guy from Rivington Barn is coming to my rally this weekend with his stall!

www.thejunctionfunction.co.uk

maybe ill turn up myself ,he cringes when he sees me,cos he knows whats cummin.

maybe ill turn up myself ,he cringes when he sees me,cos he knows whats cummin.

I cringe when I see you coming on your two wheeled Fyfe. :P

ATB

J

Why not just buy a puncture repair kit (Awl,plugs & Gas canisters) I have witnesed them used on a couple of FJR,s and FJ,s and they work 100% and these are not light weight bikes, only takes 15 mins to make a good safe fix.

Adam.

Why not just buy a puncture repair kit (Awl,plugs & Gas canisters) I have witnesed them used on a couple of FJR,s and FJ,s and they work 100% and these are not light weight bikes, only takes 15 mins to make a good safe fix.

Adam.

my problem teir is no storage space

Adam.

anything over 30 MPH on a heavier bike with a DIY puncture repair an your gonna have 'love bites' on your seat :mellow:

anything over 30 MPH on a heavier bike with a DIY puncture repair an your gonna have 'love bites' on your seat :mellow:

and you dont do slow on an rd? its v law.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online