TZR50 Checa

Checa
This post is 7225 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi all...I wondered if you could offer any advice or info? My son's pal has bought the above bike which is in a pretty tatty state. I wondered is there any where that a workshop/owners manual for it can be downloaded?

It is years since I had any dealings with a two stroke and would appreciate a bit of a hand in helping the lad out! The main things we need to clarify are the following:

1.Am I correct in assuming that if looking at the bike from the back, the reservoir to the left is for the 2 stroke oil?

2. The reservoir to the right is the expansion chamber for the cooling system?

3.Assuming I am correct with Nº1, this does appear to have some oil in but yet the oil light is continually lit?

4.Should the ignition key for this bike work for the seat and petrol cap also?

Any help you can offer will be greatly appreciated. :wink:

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

the oil light should go out as soon as you put it in gear and the key should work in the igniton and the tank but im not sure about the seat

Should the ignition key for this bike work for the seat and petrol cap also?

Alot of Yamaha's Do :wink:

1.Am I correct in assuming that if looking at the bike from the back, the reservoir to the left is for the 2 stroke oil?

2. The reservoir to the right is the expansion chamber for the cooling system?

:

Yep, oil on the left, cooling system on the right :wink:

Beezneez...Thx for the welcome mate. I am a bit of an imposter though really as I presently own a bike made by a company not thought too highly of by guys on here! :lol: In my defence though I did used to have a Yammy 400 trials and a V Max.

I not unlike so many keep being drawn to the R6 and R1.It is testing my powers of discipline to resist! :wink:

To the other guys thx for the info.

• 2 months later...

the oil light should turn on the off very quickly when you start the engine up, as i have the same bike, the nly problem i have with the bike, is when its on tick over wamrin up, it just dies, and ive tuned my carb etc to make it run alot better, but it just seems to die on tick over so i have to keep it at about 4000 revs for about 5mins till it will stay at tickover and not die on me.