alarm fitting R1

rollsroyce
This post is 5378 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

hi all newbie here have just got a minter R1 am about to fit an alarm/immobiliser, fitting manual say all yams have have a facility plug for this can anyone tell me where this might be before i tear the bike apart its a 2000 R1 cheers Rolls

• 3 weeks later...
Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

hi all newbie here have just got a minter R1 am about to fit an alarm/immobiliser, fitting manual say all yams have have a facility plug for this can anyone tell me where this might be before i tear the bike apart its a 2000 R1 cheers Rolls

If the bike's an "import" it may not have the alarm plugs you're looking for....... assuming it's a UK bike, they will be found either against the rear nearside frame or under the seat next to the CDi.

You should find three little plugs -

One plug will have three wires comprising a 12V feed (from the "back up" fuse in your fusebox...... I normally change this fuse for a 10 or 15A while I'm at it!), an ignition feed and a negative feed.

Another plug will have two wires in it with a loop...... this is your ignition immobilisation.

The last plug will have four wires.......... another loop for starter immobilisation and the left & right indicators.

I chop each of these plugs off, wire by wire, as I solder my alarm/immobilisers in!

Get your test light out to make sure and call me up if you need help!

Pete 07877 552759