77 TY250 Engine Case spliting help

Meade
This post is 5544 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Trying to split engine case and not having any luck. One end seems ready to split but the other end is hard and fast. Cannot locate any hidden screws or other items that would hold the cases together. Manual state that most of the inner bearings and gears should remain with the left side case and split relatively easily. Is there anyone with experience in this area that could offer advice. A puller could be fabricated but there seems to be something to unscrew or release that would let the cases separate. Manual just states "rap on shaft with rubber mallet?"

Meade

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi not sure about your bike but this may help anyhow. with my DT175MX (DT175E) in the manual they say use this tool and attach as shown one side in an unused threaded hole and the other side in a threaded hole used for the bearing and seal tetainer ...see pic

SplittingDTcases.jpg

I made my own

Crankcasesplitter.jpg

DT175011.jpg

Goes without saying though that great care must be taken to ensure that nothing mechanical is still holding the cases together or you could quite easily damage the cases.

...Paul

Thank you Paul, the picture of your puller will help and your statement about being sure that nothing mechanical holding the cases together is still my concern. I guess some careful pulling is the way to go. Thanks again. Meade

Thank you Paul, the picture of your puller will help and your statement about being sure that nothing mechanical holding the cases together is still my concern. I guess some careful pulling is the way to go. Thanks again. Meade

Its a tricky position, when i split the cases on my dt175 i used OG's puller and i was the same 'is everything loose' what am i pulling against?

It all came apart OK though, as to the light tap described in the manual, that is suggested to remove the crank from the left hand case, all i can say is that if that is a tap i hope the bloke that wrote it never 'tap's' me on the head.

Its a tricky position, when i split the cases on my dt175 i used OG's puller and i was the same 'is everything loose' what am i pulling against?

It all came apart OK though, as to the light tap described in the manual, that is suggested to remove the crank from the left hand case, all i can say is that if that is a tap i hope the bloke that wrote it never 'tap's' me on the head.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online