Yamaha DT80

dtwontrun
This post is 5541 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

If anyone can help i'd be very greatful.

I saved a DT80 from scrap heaven last year non runner. Apparently it did run until the magneto packed in

i got a second hand magneto with points and fitted it....no spark

Just wondering if its a CDI instead.... Anyway of finding out at low cost. Thanks

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

If anyone can help i'd be very greatful.

I saved a DT80 from scrap heaven last year non runner. Apparently it did run until the magneto packed in

i got a second hand magneto with points and fitted it....no spark

Just wondering if its a CDI instead.... Anyway of finding out at low cost. Thanks

so what was the first magneto, have you still got that one along with its backplate and coils etc? if there was no points in that one it is a CDI version isnt it?

1st one had points..thats why i got a replacement. will try and find a CDi part i think. thank you all

why not troubleshoot what you have, the cdi version (if there is one) will be expensive to convert to.

Has your bike got an ignition switch and a kill switch, if so unplug them both, (start with the kill switch) and check again for the no spark situation.

1st one had points..thats why i got a replacement. will try and find a CDi part i think. thank you all

All thats wrong is the timing is out after the obvious (coil, wiring & switches) have been tested some where on here is a thread that runs the same ... I'll look for it & post a link

Regards Jim

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online